The mouth is the gateway to the body. For a person to be totally healthy, the mouth cannot be neglected. The wellness of teeth and gums impacts the wellness of the entire person. Dentistry is an integral part of your overall health. A biological dentist is aware that the diseases of the mouth sometimes indicate the presence of illness elsewhere in the body.
Biological dentistry takes the best parts of general dentistry and adds a closer look at the oral health conditions that may affect the rest of the body. Biological dentistry recognizes that there is a well-documented systemic link between conditions in the mouth and your general health.
Dr. Silver promotes the importance of using biocompatible dental materials, which are uniquely matched to your personal chemistry. This is especially geared towards patients who have had recent medical challenges or who have a family history of specific illnesses.
With the many new choices of dental materials available, we offer a variety of mercury free options for fillings, crowns and inlays. As older mercury amalgam fillings become worn out, we can replace them with less toxic materials that are biocompatible with the patient. These materials can also be matched to the teeth in color, looking much more natural.
Dr. Silver believes in the mouth-body connection, so we make sure that the materials and substances we place in your mouth are healthy for your entire body. We do so by offering some of the following:
- Fluoride-free MI paste
- Admira Fusion ceramic-based restorations
- Pure silicate technology (our fillers and matrix are based on silicate oxide)
- No classic monomers for higher biocompatibility
- BPA-free ceramic dental fillings
- No bis-gma, UDMA, or TEGDMA
- Mercury-free dentistry
We care about the oral and overall health of our patients by practicing biological dentistry using the safest tools and materials in the field. If you would like to learn more about our care and how it protects the health of your entire body, please contact our office today.
Our Office is Mercury Free and Mercury Safe
Dr. Silver is an Accredited member of the IAOMT in the safe removal of mercury amalgam fillings https://iaomt.org/. Unsafe removal can expose you to toxic materials. Dr. Silver is one of only a few dentists in the Cleveland area that has the specialized training and equipment to do this in the safest manner. He uses only bio-compatible, BPA-free and non-toxic dental materials on all of his patients.
It may be time for a safe removal of amalgam fillings if:
- Your fillings are over 10 years old.
- You grind or clench your teeth.
- You are sensitive to metals.
- Your teeth have started to fracture around your fillings.
- Your fillings have become sensitive.
We encourage you to learn more about holistic dentistry and our biocompatible approach by visiting our office. We are happy to give you more information on how to improve your oral health in a safe, toxin-free way.
Benefits of a Biocompatible Approach in Dentistry
- The use of substances that are toxic-free.
- Minimal disruption to the mouth during procedures.
- Ceramic rather than metal dental restorations.
- Improvement in oral and overall health due to the elimination of mercury.
- Focus on promoting long term health benefits.